CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let's recapitulate

OK so here's a little update blogger style for those of you who attempted to follow the blog that Jesse started when Elliott was born.




It seemed like we went from here,

                                                              
                                                                
           To here In like a day.



      And what used to be "Jesse and Lacie" became "Jesse and 
Lacie + miniature Jesse"


        He got...



  bigger...



               faster than expected. (maybe a little faster in this re-cap than in actual life)


   We were a happy family of three, until...

Silly me started to feel like something was missing. Little did I know just how much that was...




 March 12th 2008

Dr. A: "So why are we here?"

Lacie: "I'm pregnant but we don't know how far along I am"

Jesse: "Yeah she thinks she's only a month along, but I think it's closer to two or three because it already looks like she's showing."

Dr. A: "Well lets see who's right" *places ultrasound slime and ultrasound stick thingy on Lacie's uterus, seconds later removes it and has a little chuckle to himself before turning to Jesse saying "Well she isn't as far along as you think she is"

Lacie: "HA!"

Jesse: *frowny face*

Dr. A: "OK so... see this little black thing there?"

Jesse and Lacie: "yeah"

Dr. A: "That's your baby"

Jesse and Lacie: "awww"

Dr. A: "And see this little black thing here?"

Jesse and Lacie: *trying to find black thing #2 on confusing ultrasound picture*

Dr. A: "That's your other baby"

Jesse and Lacie: *stunned silence* (excepting of course  a few "words" that may have been thought)

If I were super computer savvy and quick about it I would include the actual picture of the ultrasound that day... too bad for you, computers and I have a bit of an on going feud (one of them caught fire once while I was using it. it's not really a long story but you still probably shouldn't ask) so I try to keep my use of them to a minimum.

 Note: this is not actually the picture from that day but that was where and how I was sitting when I found out.

   Six months later I look like this:
(P.S. I hate it when people tell me I look huge in this picture. where and on what planet is that a compliment? This may surprise you but I was actually aware of how big I was... it isn't as though I took this picture, looked at it and said: "Man do I look dainty!" So unless you are talking about the magnitude of my heart or the size of my breasts I don't want to hear it!)



 September 28th 2008

 A and B had finally arrived! later they would be known as Sofia Evolet and Scarlet Ruth

         This isn't the most recent picture of them but it's too stinken cute not to include!



And there you have it. From a family of two, to a family of three, to a family of five in the blink of an eye (or the scroll of a page) Who knew life could fly by so quickly! 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think I ever mentioned it. But the blessing picture of the girls in this blog is adorable. It really should be entered into some kind of a contest or something.. Im pretty sure it could win.
I love you guys!

Amanda said...

this is one of the best posts I have EVER read! You have a way with words, and pictures! We sure love your family!

The Staker Family said...

HOLY COW LACIE, I never saw you when you were pregnant with the twins! I showed Allan the picture and he said, "That's her real belly, she doesn't have something stuffed up there?" HAHAHA! Anyway, that was a fun post, you are very creative!